"My background is very technical, very research orientated and very pragmatic. The Tethyan belt was literally a no brainer, Eastern Europe was not a high-risk jurisdiction."
Teo Dechev, President & CEO Mundoro Capital
Teo Dechev is the President & CEO of Mundoro Capital, a Canadian mineral exploration company focused on copper discovery in Eastern Europe’s Tethyan Belt. In this conversation we discuss:
- Why the Tethyan belt is one of the most exciting exploration regions in the world.
- Why Teo’s background makes her uniquely suited for navigating the challenges and opportunities present in Serbia and Bulgaria.
- How to identify hire and retain great in country technical teams.
- Why Teo signed joint venture agreements with both JOGMEC and Freeport McMoRan and how this allows Mundoros to leverage its existing capital.
- Why Teo believes a technical education is a huge advantage, regardless of ones chosen profession.
- How Teo went from commodities trader, to research analyst and finally CEO.
- Advice for the next generation of female leaders in the mining industry.
- What’s next for Mundoro Capital.
- And much more.
This was a very fun conversation, and one that sheds a lot of light on a region that I believe will be producing some of the world’s biggest discoveries over the coming decade.