The information on this Website is not reliable and not intended to provide tax, legal, or investment advice. Nothing contained on the Website shall be considered a recommendation, solicitation, or offer to buy or sell a security to any person in any jurisdiction.
CEO.CA members discuss high-risk penny stocks which can lose their entire value. Only risk what you can afford to lose.
@newstrackerEuropean equities are flat this morning after touching the strongest level in a little over a year on Tuesday with a raft of positive PMI data released over the last two days.
- Japanese shares climbed after traders came back from New Year celebrations on Wednesday with the Topix index rising to the highest in more than a year.
- S&P futures are up following the biggest increase in four weeks in the underlying index on Tuesday.
- Brent increased ahead of the US inventories numbers regaining some of its yesterday’s losses.
- The US$ index reached the strongest level since 2002 on good PMI numbers on Tuesday.
@newstracker#feedback certain press releases are not opening up, all it does it go to a page with just the headline of the press release, but I am unable to click on the link to open up the actual body of the release.
@newstracker@leafs they need to close the financing and final deal terms for the acquisition, so they are rising capital, that is the big thing, they need to close this deal, get the cash and then start focusing on processing ore
@newstrackerThe Economist reporting on marijuana in Mexico writes that Mexico has just marked the 10th anniversary of its war on drugs. Furthermore, California recently legalized the growing of Medical marijuana; with 30 per cent of California's population Mexican, changes north of the border may be blowing smoke south of the border. Mexico's president Enrique Pena Nieto has proposed decriminalizing possession of marijuana of 28 grams or less for recreational a move similar to what Canada did years before the start of the path to legalization. The Mexican senators voted 98 out of 127 senators to support medical marijuana. Donald Trump is the one thorn in the side with his "should be studied" approach. However, it is clear that legally grown pot state side is pushing out the Mexican cartels as seizures of cross border pot is down. However this is pushing the cartels into the harder drug market. As Mexico moves forward on a growing popular support for marijuana legalization, regulation will be tough. In the words of the Economist "Tax pot too heavily and the gangs will dominate. Tax it too lightly and many more Mexicans will get stoned." Possibly a current debate ongoing amongst Canadian health officials now. Nonetheless, in my opinion a new market is presenting itself, more experienced hands from Canada could makes serious in roads into Mexican legal pot, just be careful who you partner with or whose turf you are cutting into. #Mexico#Marijuana#riskybusiness
@bullionaire@newstracker I think border issues are potentially going to be a large problem for those expecting to export legitimate cannabis into Mexico or the USA.. Most are not taking it into consideration.
@newstrackerI was thinking homegrown pot, allow a pathway for cartels to de arm and become legit, grow their own pot and take some advice from Canadian companies and legislators that are currently building out this industry now
@newstracker#Lithium may become an increasingly ‘strategic’ metal if nations compete to produce the world’s best batteries
- Tesla now appears to have the upper hand in the emerging electric car industry with production of new larger, higher capacity batteries from its GigaFactory in Nevada.
- Many of the world’s auto manufacturers have proven that they can make electric cars but only Tesla has access to its own, improved battery technology.
- So long as Tesla does not suffer a Samsung style battery meltdown with the new batteries then the company should be set to dominate EV sales.
- Mercedes pledged last year to invest €400m into a new battery plant and others are working to catch up though Toyota may be the only real contender.
- But EVs are effectively a new industry and we wonder if state support from China, Russia, S Korea or Japan might lead to the development of a number of new ‘GigaFactory’ lookalikes. A Chinese-Korean group, which is more Chinese than Korean has apparently pledged to build a $2bn lithium battery plant in Chile in order to gain access to Chilean lithium resources. We will believe in the factory when it happens.
- LG Chem is looking at opening a lithium battery plant in Poland to supply European lithium battery demand for EVs.
- With all these new lithium ion factories going up it is no wonder the price of lithium is rising and demand looks set to take off.
#lithium Source: http://www.spangel.co.uk/
@newstracker#Copper US$ 5,751/t vs US$5,648/t yesterday – Pay talks at Escondida continue as the management rejected demands by its union for a 7% pay rise and a signing bonus of 25m pesos ($37k).
- Escondida negotiations will influence the course of union wage discussions for the other more than a dozen of contracts set for renewal in Chile including Codelco, Barrick Gold, Antofagasta and Teck Resources. -
- Latest pay negotiations in at Codelco’s Chuquicamata in Dec saw unions accepting no real wage increases and a signing bonus of 4.35m pesos (c.$6.5k) which marked a 40% decline over the previous contract.
@newstrackerI have had my fair share of crappy jobs, from literally moving rocks up and down the north shore mountains all day, never bothered me, because I saved and went to school. Economic policy is not instantaneous it is dynamic and unfolds in real time over time. So allow low wage jobs but create policies that create reasonable expectations for people to enter the housing market, the car market, the durable goods market. What gets my goat is the government trying to price public goods. We could get into the problem of the commons and all that. I would always listen to this song before getting up at the crack of dawn to shovel dirt. Aaron Copland - Fanfare for the common man: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NjssV8UuVA+