The information on this Website is not reliable and not intended to provide tax, legal, or investment advice. Nothing contained on the Website shall be considered a recommendation, solicitation, or offer to buy or sell a security to any person in any jurisdiction.
CEO.CA members discuss high-risk penny stocks which can lose their entire value. Only risk what you can afford to lose.
@ExcelsiorEXCLUSIVE #Korelin Economics Report – FRI 18 NOV, 2016 #Index#drillplays
AN UPDATE ON MARIANA RESOURCES AND THE PROJECT IN CÔTE D’IVOIRE
"There is a lot of interest in Mariana Resources $MRA$MARL$MRLDF thanks to the continued high-grade drill results out of the Hot Maden property in Turkey – the most recent being 69.9m @ 62.7 g/t and 2.68% Cu, released on October 25th, click here if you missed that news. However the Company also holds properties in Côte d’Ivoire and Argentina. In this exclusive interview with Mariana CEO Glen Parsons we discuss the Côte d’Ivoire property. We talk about what first interested the team and the work that investors should expect through next year." http://www.kereport.com/2016/11/18/update-mariana-resources-project-cte-divoire/
@Excelsior#Korelin Economics Report - WEEKEND SHOW – SAT 19 NOV, 2016 #GOLD#SILVER#DOLLAR#BONDS#Currencies#OIl#COMMODITIES
TRUMPENOMICS – ITS IMPACT ON THE ECONOMY AND RESOURCES
The economics and investing hours will focus on the new term Trumenomics. In the first hour we discuss the impact of Trumpenomics on the more broad economy and markets. The second hour is saved to dive more into the metals and resources.
Segment 1 & 2: We kick off the first 2 segments with Dan Oliver, Founder of Myrmikan Research based in New York. We discuss the historical similarities between what #Trump is planning and what we have seen in the past.
Segment 3: Dana Lyons discusses the #USD breakout and how this is impacting the precious metals.
Segment 4: Avi Gilburt joins us to share his #technical outlooks
Segment 5: Byron King a general comment on the drivers behind the #PreciousMetals.
Segment 6: We continue our discussion with Byron but this time focusing on individual #stocks.
Segment 7: VanEck Director, ETF Business Development Patrick Finn gives us an inside look at the $GDX and $GDXJ.
Segment 8: We wrap up the extra hour this week with Doc and Cory discussing the 2017 outlook for #resources. Which will outperform?
@Excelsior#Korelin Economics Report - WEEKEND SHOW – SAT 26 NOV, 2016
HOUR 1 – COVERAGE ON #GOLD, #URANIUM AND $TLT THERALASE
In the first hour of this week’s show we focus on gold, uranium and get a comment on Theralase. It was a significant week for gold when it broke below $1,200 on Wednesday right before Thanksgiving. As for Uranium the sector is continuing to be under pressure and this is leading to mine shutdowns.
Segment 1: George Gero, Managing Director RBC Wealth Management, outlines the huge open interest change for #gold this week.
Segment 2: An insider in the Uranium sector Craig Parry shares his insights on the supply side fundamentals for #Uranium.
Segment 3 & 4: Dr. Michael Jewett, Chairman of the Photodynamic Therapy Medical and Scientific Advisory Board of Theralase shares why he joined the Theralase team and how he is helping the Company move forward.
FULL INTERVIEW WITH CRAIG PARRY FOCUSING ON THE URANIUM MARKET - This is the extended interview with Craig Parry as featured in segment 2 of this week’s weekend show.
@Excelsior#KORELIN ECONOMICS REPORT - WEEKEND SHOW – SAT 3 DEC, 2016
A FOCUS ON THE HEALTH OF #GOLD COMPANIES AND INTERNATIONAL GOLD DEMAND
"In the fist hour of this week’s show we focus on the gold sector and it’s health moving forward after 4 straights weeks of declining prices. #Stock prices have come down more than 50% from their highs earlier this year but the actual Companies are in better shape than at the end of last year. We also take a look at the mining environment in #Australia as well as the falling demand for gold in #Asia.
Segment 1: Dan Oliver founder of Myrmikan Capital based in New York discuss why #gold companies do not benefit from #EconomiesOfScale.
Segment 2: We continue with Dan Oliver this time discussing the impacts of a #Trump#stimulus and if it will work.
Segment 3: A first hand look at the #mining environment in #Australia from Quinton Hennigh, CEO and President of Novo Resources. $NVO$NSRPF
Segment 4: Jeff Christian, Managing partner at the #CPMGroup shares his thoughts on why the demand in #China for #gold has been decreasing.
@rackerExploration Insights editor @JoeMazumdar on the #Korelin weekend show with Corey Fleck http://www.kereport.com/wp-content/uploads/1210-1-4-1.mp3 prospectively in #colombia is high, but miners need access. The two best areas are Antioquia and Cordoba, in Mazumdar's opinion. Investors should look for management teams with relevant, local experience. Don't pay CEOs to learn on the job. Macro is out of his control. Quality deposits never go out of style. Do short term (1-3 month) trades in oversold names, sell pre-PDAC. Beware financing risk in short term trade ideas. Solid advice.
@ExcelsiorGreat discussions on this #mbgtrends page as per usual. I saw a few comments about how this Nov/Dec dip reminds people of 2015, and that some are expecting a Q1 rally like we saw in 2015 and 2016. There was an interesting discussion to that effect from #TurdFerguson on the #Korelin Economic report on Thursday, where he recounts the tight Dollar:Yen ratio (or really it's the Yen:Dollar ratio) and how that triggers the computer algos which key off this to buy/sell #Gold. Some like Craig and some don't, but I think his reasoning is sound and it's worth a listen:
THE SIMILARITIES BETWEEN #GOLD CURRENTLY AND A YEAR AGO
Craig Hemke is with us today to share his thoughts on the similarities between gold trading in the past month compared to a year ago. As gold continues to move down people are now wondering if we will see a pop similar to what we saw in January this year. There are a number of similarities but also a couple differences to consider.
I had posted this chart a few times during the year, but it seems relevant with this discussion:
#Yen and #Gold – doing the safety dance as alternatives to central banking madness:
@Excelsior#Korelin Economics Report: WEEKEND SHOW – SAT 17 DEC, 2016
"This week saw the Fed raise rates and issue a more hawkish tone than the markets expected. We saw markets take a hit after the #Fed rate hike and ended up slightly down for the week. #Gold and #Silver got hit hard following the Fed statement as well a the stocks. Our conversations this week focus on the overall optimism in the USD and US markets as well as some reasons to temper those outlooks."
*Segment 1 & 2: Chief Market Analyst at the Lyndsay Group Peter Boockvar shares his thoughts on the overwhelming optimism for the US economy. We look at the #bond bubble and #opportunities for investors.
*Segment 3: Brien Lundin outlines some of the long-term #issues that the US economy is still facing moving into 2017.
Click here to view the presentations from the New Orleans Investment Conference.
*Segment 4: Avi Gilburt shares his big picture view on a general #meltup in the #markets .
@Excelsior@CriticalInvestor - Thanks for covering $DV$DOLLF. I made some nice coin in 2016 trading Dolly Varden and I accumulated heavy when they took out the loan with $HL Hecla and then moved into their office building (ding ding ding). I told investors for months that Hecla was going to make a move on them for an acquisition, and then they did (not a surprise for anyone following their press releases and reading between the lines). $DV is still a good #Silver#TakeOver target.
I sold my position when the deal fell through, but made a nice return, and I've been watching for a good entry point since then. It is looking like good value to me presently.
As for Gary Cope - He is a good guy and was very successful with selling Orko Silver Corp. to $AG First Majestic in the last cycle,
#Korelin Economics Report UPDATES FROM MANAGEMENT – TUE 18 DEC, 2012
GARY COPE DISCUSSES THE RECENTLY ANNOUCED FRIENDLY TAKE-OVER BETWEEN ORKO AND FIRST MAJESTIC
....and has been behind $REX$ORMNF Orex Silver since then in their JV with $CLZ$CNSUF Canasil.
It will be interesting to see what Gary does with the team and deposit at $DV.
@Excelsior#Korelin Economic Report WEEKEND SHOW – SAT 7 JAN, 2017
#PRECIOUSMETALS MOVES AND IS THAT #INFLATION WE ARE SEEING?
"In this weekend’s show we have a number of great guests providing an outlook on the precious metals, in terms of moves over the past few weeks and outlook for 2017. We also look at some of the data points recently that have been showing an uptick in inflation."
- Segment 1 & 2: We kick of the first two segments with Jesse Felder, founder and editor of The Felder Report. We discuss his #sectors of interest for 2017 as well as a discussion on the #inflation data.
- Segment 3: Managing Director at RBC Wealth Management George Gero updates us on current #gold market data – open interest, #ETF flows and international demand.
- Segment 4: Fund Manager Dana Lyons looks at the $GDX and US market charts to strategize for 2017.
- Segment 5: Chris Martenson, Co-Founder of Peak Prosperity, discusses the #reflation environment led by #centralbanks around the world.
- Segment 6: I will be attending and speaking at the upcoming #CambridgeHouse investment show in Vancouver on January 22/23. Jay Martin explains what attendees can look forward to this year.
- Segment 7 & 8: In the final 2 segments Dan Oliver, Founder of Myrmikan Research takes a look at the move in gold and #gold#stocks. We then shift focus to #China which Dan thinks is the real #BubbleConcern.
@ExcelsiorWell I just blew my wad posting on the #Korelin Economics Report about #RenewableEnergy companies that have #Geothermal exposure. Of course these companies also have exposure to #Solar#Wind#Biomass#Hydroelectric#Thermal and #NatGas plants, but I thought it may be nice to post this info in here for anyone interested: #Energy#GreenEnergy#AlternateEnergy
1) “Alterra Power Corp. is a leading global renewable energy company, managing eight power plants totaling 825 MW of generation capacity including British Columbia’s largest run-of-river hydro facility and largest wind farm, the recently completed Shannon and Jimmie Creek projects, two geothermal facilities in Iceland and a solar facility in Indiana. Alterra owns a 385 MW share of this capacity, generating over 1,700 GWh of clean power annually. Alterra also has an extensive portfolio of exploration and development projects and a skilled team of developers, builders and operators to support its growth plans.”
Alterra Power – Corporate Presentation:
[Pg 5 shows their Geothermal projects with the red bullseyes]
2) “U.S. Geothermal Inc. is a leading and profitable renewable energy company focused on the development, production and sale of electricity from geothermal energy. The company is currently operating geothermal power projects at: Neal Hot Springs, Oregon; San Emidio, Nevada; and Raft River, Idaho for a total power generation of approximately 45 MWs. The company is also developing an additional 90 MW’s of projects at: the Geysers, California; a second phase project at San Emidio, Nevada; Crescent Valley, Nevada; and the El Ceibillo project located near Guatemala City, Guatemala. ”
3) US Geothermal – Corporate Presenation:
4) Algonquin Power has 3 Thermal Projects , along with wind, solar, hydro:
Thermal is a slightly different animal in that they are burning up some other fuel source to power boiling water and the steam turns the turbines, but I thought I’d throw it up as another alternate power company.
5) Polaris Infrastructure owns and operates a single operating asset – San Jacinto Geothermal power plant Located in Nicaragua, but has other exploration targets to expand their operations:
Polaris Infrastructure Corporate Presentation:
6) Calpine Corporation has over 80 different power plants of various types but they are also:
– Largest operator of combined heat and power (cogeneration) technology in America
• Largest geothermal power producer in America
Calpine Corporation – Corporate Presentation:
7) “Ormat Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ORA) is a world leader in the geothermal power plant sector. As a geothermal company we have three decades of experience in the development of state-of-the-art, environmentally sound power solutions, primarily in geothermal and recovered energy generation. In addition to designing, developing, building, owning and operating geothermal energy and recovered energy-based power plants in the United States and other countries, Ormat also designs, manufactures and sells power units and other power generating equipment for geothermal power plants and recovered energy-based electricity generation.”
Ormat Technologies – Corporate Presentation:
8) “Cyrq Energy has the reputation for operating geothermal energy power plants in very challenging circumstances. Finding, developing and managing a geothermal resource to its full potential is difficult when one relies on the invisible heat beneath the earth for a long-term fuel supply. Cyrq Energy has developed the proven expertise to fully develop, operate and manage successful power plants for the long term. Cyrq Energy is often called upon to address and fix difficult underperforming geothermal sites. ”
Cyrq Energy Projects Overview:
9) “Terra-Gen owns 1051 MWs (net equity) of wind, geothermal and solar generating capacity in operation across 25 renewable power facilities throughout the Western United States with a focus on the California Marketplace. ”
Terra-Gen Power Projects overview:
10) Enel Green Power has a various power plants in Solar, Wind, Biomass, Geothermal and Hydroelectric:
Here is the Enel Green Power – Geothermal Projects
11) “BHE Renewables’ geothermal facilities operate as CalEnergy Operations and are based in Calipatria, California. The company owns 10 geothermal facilities in California’s Imperial Valley that have the capacity to produce up to 338 megawatts. Its natural gas-fueled plants include a 551-megawatt plant in Illinois, a 240-megawatt plant in New York, a 212-megawatt plant in Texas and a 50-megawatt plant in Arizona.”
BHE Renewables – Corporate Fact Sheet: (part of Cal Energy, that is part of Berkshire Hathaway)
@ExcelsiorInvestment chatter from the #Korelin Economics Report that seemed worth sharing in the $SGN$SRCRF room.
On January 19, 2017 at 11:40 am,
Dick Tracy says:
"Matthew, SGN is creeping up, this must be The Trump effect. LOL!"
On January 19, 2017 at 12:09 pm,
"Creeping up? It’s up 22.73% today, at the moment, and 125% since the December low! 😮"
On January 19, 2017 at 12:12 pm,
"I don’t follow this too closely. But they produced over 36,000 ounces of gold in 2016.
124 million shares outstanding. But only $.12.
Is there a bad history here/"
On January 19, 2017 at 12:41 pm,
"Too many seem to have been too focused on its limited mine life (which I am betting will be expanded) instead of its exploration potential — which is funded without diluting shareholders."
"It has very promising Nevada properties and close to $10 million in working capital. Ironically, I think it would have fared better last year if it had no production at all."
"I think it also suffers from a lack of visibility/promotion. Few seem to know that it exists."
On January 19, 2017 at 12:20 pm,
"Volume on Scorpio is huge"
@Excelsior#Korelin Economics Report - WEEKEND SHOW – SAT 21 JAN, 2017
A TEMPORARY #GOLD BREAKOUT AND GLOBAL ASSET CORRELATION
"On this week’s show we focus on #yields and #GlobalMoneyFlows for the first hour and #Gold and gold stocks for the second hour. It was a tame week for the markets outside of #Trump’s comment on the #dollar that caused some short term swings. Moving forward we continue to be in uncertain economic times and investors are having trouble going all in on any one asset."
- Segment 1 & 2: Chris Martenson, Co-Founder and CEO of Peak Prosperity, discusses the massive drop in the global correlation of assets and the concept that #CentralBanks follow on the way up.
- Segment 3: Greg Melia, President of Melia Advisory Group shares his views of why he does not believe in the US #equity markets.
- Segment 4: Fund Manager Dana Lyons looks at the COT reports for US #Treasuries and finds some extreme levels.
- Segment 5: Managing Partner at the CPM Group in New York, Jeff Christian outlines the big issues for the #PreciousMetals in play for 2017.
- Segment 6: We get an update from $XRA$XRC Exeter Resource President and CEO Wendell Zerb on the recent news that helps move the Caspiche project forward.
- Segment 7: $MARL$MRLDF Mariana Resources also came out with a PEA this week was showed some great results. Glen Parsons, CEO of Mariana provides a great overview on the numbers.
- Segment 8: We wrap up the show with Ned Schmidt, Founder of Value View Gold Report and his comments on the #gold market.
@Excelsior#Korelin Economics Report – WED 25 JAN, 2017
Exclusive intro to GOLDEN PREDATOR MINING $GPY$NTGSF#Gold#Drillplays
"I had a chance to sit down the President and CEO of Golden Predator Mining (TSX.V:GPY), Bill Sheriff."
"I knew of the Company years ago when they had only the Brewery Creek project but the recent acquisition of the 3 Aces project is giving the Company a new focus. With recent drill results returning some good gold grades the Company is following up with a fully funded 20,000 meter drill program starting in February."
@Excelsior@Tommy - I made some nice coin in 2016 trading Dolly Varden and I accumulated heavy when they took out the loan with $HL Hecla and then moved into their office building (ding ding ding).
I told investors for months that Hecla was going to make a move on them for an acquisition, and then they did (not a surprise for anyone following their press releases and reading between the lines).
Decided to sell my position when the $HL Hecla deal fell through with $DV, and they did their financing and had to defend it wasn't a poison pill. Regardless, made a nice return, and I've been watching for a good entry point since then. It is looking like good value to me presently.
--> As for Gary Cope - He is a good guy and was very successful with selling Orko Silver Corp. to $AG First Majestic in the last cycle,
#Korelin Economics Report UPDATES FROM MANAGEMENT – TUE 18 DEC, 2012
GARY COPE DISCUSSES THE RECENTLY ANNOUCED FRIENDLY TAKE-OVER BETWEEN ORKO AND FIRST MAJESTIC
* Gary has been behind $REX$ORMNF Orex Silver since then, in their JV with $CLZ$CNSUF Canasil.
It will be interesting to see what Gary does with the team and deposit at $DV.
@Excelsior@MiningBookGuy - Thanks man - It just helps to tag posts to right rooms so that it is easier to dig a deep well on certain subject. For example if people want to see all the Metals Investor Forum posts - then go to #MIF. If people like the #Korelin Economcs report, then go there. If contributors want to discuss #Politics#Jokes#Trump or whatever they want, then there are rooms for that not clogging up the #Index
There are also rooms like #BestOfCEO that may be worth returning to once in a while.
BTW - for anyone that wants to create a new room it is as simple as using the "#" or "$" as they both achieve the exact same thing other than their color. Personally I like using the # for a topic like #WhereTheHeckIsNewton and the $ for stocks like $IPT (because if you hover your mouse over a $BLUETICKER it tells you the name of the company)
@Excelsior#Korelin Economics Weekend Show – SAT 4 MAR, 2017
THE WEEK OF HIGHER MARKETS, A SELL OFF IN METALS AND RATE HIKE ODDS EXPLODING
> Segment 1 & 2: I kick off this week’s show with Jesse Felder, founder or TheFelderReport.com Jesse and I chat for two segments about the disconnect between soft data and hard data and what this means for the broad markets.
> Segment 3: Avi Gilburt, founder of ElliotWaveTrader.net shares his #technicalanalysis insights on #gold and #silver as well as the S&P.
> Segment 4: Auryn Resources $AUN Executive Chairman Ivan Bebek address a couple questions from listeners regarding recent news out of their properties in Peru and the stock performance.
> Segment 5 & 6: The first two segments of the second hour I am joined by Chris Martenson from PeakProsperity.com.
Segment 7 & 8: I wrap up the weekend show with Dana Lyons in two segments. Dana and I discuss how he filters through all the data and what he thinks is most important. In the second segment we discuss #safehaven assets including #treasuries and #gold stocks.
@Excelsior#Korelin Economics Report - WEEKEND SHOW – SAT 11 MAR, 2017
#PDAC Recap and Overall #Gold Market and Stock Commentary
"In this week’s show I chat with a few companies at the conference and a couple of my favorite analysts to discuss what is happening in the gold market."
> Segment 1: As requested by a number of listeners I get an update on $OR Osisko Gold Royalties and the Company’s strategy throughout 2017.
> Segment 2: Vincent Metcalfe and I continue our chat and focus on what $FPC Falco Resources has been up to and the news flow investors can expect.
> Segment 3: Continued coverage from #PDAC I get an update on $MARL.L$MARL Mariana Resources on the Hot Maden property as well as the other assets in Turkey, Ivory Coast and Argentina.
> Segment 4: A replay of the most popular post this week – Doc and Cory compare the moves in #Gold vs. #Silver.
>> Segment 5 & 6: Byron King shares his thoughts on the tone at #PDAC in the first segment. In the following segment he recaps his recent trip to visit $ASM Avino Silver and Gold Mines and his thoughts on $AUG Auryn Resources.
>> Segment 7 & 8: Wrapping up the show with Peter Boockvar and a recap of #GlobalData that needs to be considered for investors.
@Excelsior#Korelin Economics Report - An Inside Look At The Expanded Land package for $SEK$SEKZF SECOVA METALS
"Brad Kitchen, CEO and Chairman of Secova Metals shares some more insights on the land expansion at its Eagle River property in the Windfall Lake gold district. The Company expended Eagle River property by almost 400% (see the map below). We discuss the other companies in this #gold district and why so much money has been raised by these companies."
@Excelsior#Korelin Economics Report - Saturday March 25, 2017
#GOLD STUCK IN LIMBO WITH THE US ECONOMY CONTINUING TO STRUGGLE
"This weekend’s show focuses on hard data for the US economy and the main drivers in the gold price. Even though gold garnered a buy on Wednesday and has stayed above the $1,200 mark it remains in “no man’s land” as George Gero says in segment 7."
> Segment 1 & 2: Kicking off the first two segments I have #DanOiliver the Founder or Myrmikan Capital based in New York. We discuss the history of #CreditCycles and where the US is currently. In the second segment we look at the #gold market and what could drive prices in the future.
> Segment 3: #ValentinSchmid, Business Editor of the Epoch Times weighs in on the fact that the US #economy has not improved.
> Segment 4: #AdrianDay, Founder of Adrian Day Asset Management shares his views on how to invest when #InterestRates are rising.
> Segment 5 & 6: #RickRule joins me for the first two segment of the second hour. We discuss the change in central bank policies around the world and how this will impact the #PreciousMetals and other resources.
> Segment 7: #GeorgeGero, Managing Partner at RBC Wealth Management updates up on the #OpenInterest in gold and why he does not like the fear trade driving the #gold price.
> Segment 8: #BrienLundin wraps up our show further discussing the fear trade into #gold recently.
@Excelsior@FundamentalAnalysis & @Jayfire - I'm pretty familiar with $MIN Not only do they have a cool name :-), but I love #insitu mining and there aren't many that have done it with #Copper, but it really helps their costs.
They are a show sponsor over at the #Korelin Economics Report which I frequent daily. We've had endless discussions about them over there.
Here's a good recent #video on Excelsior Mining:
> Excelsior Mining: Last Permits in Summer for Construction of Copper Mine in Arizona
ResourceCapitalAG - Interview with President & CEO Stephen Twyerould