The information on this Website is not reliable and not intended to provide tax, legal, or investment advice. Nothing contained on the Website shall be considered a recommendation, solicitation, or offer to buy or sell a security to any person in any jurisdiction.
CEO.CA members discuss high-risk penny stocks which can lose their entire value. Only risk what you can afford to lose.
@Excelsior#Korelin Economics Report WEEKEND SHOW – SAT 24 SEP, 2016
VIEWS ON #GOLD
Segment 1-2: Rick Rule from Sprott Global kicks off the first 2 segments with a focus on gold and valuation metrics for resource companies.
Segment 3: Avi Gilburt of Elliot Wave Trader provides a technical outlook on a wide range of sectors.
Segment 4: Valentin Schmid, Business Editor of the Epoch Times, compares Deutsche Bank to what we saw from Lehman Brothers in 2008.
Segment 5: John Kaiser of Kaiser Research Online shares his insights on recent news out of Serengeti Resources and NuLegacy Gold.
Segment 6-7: Sean Brodrick, Natural Resource Specialist for the Oxford Club and the Editor for the Oxford Resource Explorer, joins us for 2 segments to chat about opportunities in Lithium and the disconnect between Wall Street and Main Street.
Segment 8: Director of Global Trading at Kitco, Peter Hug shares his views on gold. http://www.kereport.com/2016/09/24/views-gold/
@PicsouWith regards to #Korelin segment 5 speaker claim (posted by @miningbookguy, thanks for that btw), it is pretty obvious from the below chart that #smartmoney is driving the show.
A couple of observations:
1. The relative increase in smart money net long as been much more pronounced at the cycle turn in January than after the #Brexit referendum
2. The bulk of the increase to say 175k (vs 200k current positionning) mark was prior to end April at prices below ~1250
3. The bulk of the increase beyond the 175k mark actually occurred before rather than after the Brexit referendum (prices below ~1310)
4. The largest cumulative drawdown in smart money net long positioning has so far been -32% (between beginning and end of May)
5. The current cumulative drawdown is -27% based on 04/10 #CFTC data, when #gold closed at ~1283, knowing it got knocked down further to 1250
Hence we must be very near to the bottom, and I see very limited downside (nowhere near to what the #Korelin speaker is suggesting), the risks are definitely skewed to the upside in the absence of material economic newsflow next week and given the likelihood of $DB coming back to front stage and potentially other bad news.
@Excelsior#Korelin Economics Report - #BRENTCOOK WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A BUY OUT COMPANY
"Exclusive coverage from the New Orleans Investment Conference. Cory Fleck attended the show again this year and sat down with a number of Keynote speakers and exhibiting companies."
"In this interview Cory sat down with Brent Cook from Exploration Insights. They chatted about the types of companies Brent thinks will be buy out targets for the larger miners in the sector.
They also touch on the impressive drill results from $MRA$MRLDF Mariana Resources that were released last week." http://www.kereport.com/2016/11/01/brent-cook-takes-buy-company/
@Excelsior#Korelin Economics Report - HOW LONG WILL THE #GOLD BULL MARKET LAST?
The founder and editor of #TheDailyGold website, Jordan Roy-Byrne shares his thoughts on the gold market. We first address the fact that this recent gold move has surprised him but most of this is due to changes in the election narrative. We look further out to next year when we have the election and December Fed meeting behind us and assess just how long this bull market could go for.
@ExcelsiorEXCLUSIVE #Korelin Economics Report – FRI 18 NOV, 2016 #Index#drillplays
AN UPDATE ON MARIANA RESOURCES AND THE PROJECT IN CÔTE D’IVOIRE
"There is a lot of interest in Mariana Resources $MRA$MARL$MRLDF thanks to the continued high-grade drill results out of the Hot Maden property in Turkey – the most recent being 69.9m @ 62.7 g/t and 2.68% Cu, released on October 25th, click here if you missed that news. However the Company also holds properties in Côte d’Ivoire and Argentina. In this exclusive interview with Mariana CEO Glen Parsons we discuss the Côte d’Ivoire property. We talk about what first interested the team and the work that investors should expect through next year." http://www.kereport.com/2016/11/18/update-mariana-resources-project-cte-divoire/
@Excelsior#Korelin Economics Report - WEEKEND SHOW – SAT 19 NOV, 2016 #GOLD#SILVER#DOLLAR#BONDS#Currencies#OIl#COMMODITIES
TRUMPENOMICS – ITS IMPACT ON THE ECONOMY AND RESOURCES
The economics and investing hours will focus on the new term Trumenomics. In the first hour we discuss the impact of Trumpenomics on the more broad economy and markets. The second hour is saved to dive more into the metals and resources.
Segment 1 & 2: We kick off the first 2 segments with Dan Oliver, Founder of Myrmikan Research based in New York. We discuss the historical similarities between what #Trump is planning and what we have seen in the past.
Segment 3: Dana Lyons discusses the #USD breakout and how this is impacting the precious metals.
Segment 4: Avi Gilburt joins us to share his #technical outlooks
Segment 5: Byron King a general comment on the drivers behind the #PreciousMetals.
Segment 6: We continue our discussion with Byron but this time focusing on individual #stocks.
Segment 7: VanEck Director, ETF Business Development Patrick Finn gives us an inside look at the $GDX and $GDXJ.
Segment 8: We wrap up the extra hour this week with Doc and Cory discussing the 2017 outlook for #resources. Which will outperform?
@Excelsior#Korelin Economics Report - WEEKEND SHOW – SAT 26 NOV, 2016
HOUR 1 – COVERAGE ON #GOLD, #URANIUM AND $TLT THERALASE
In the first hour of this week’s show we focus on gold, uranium and get a comment on Theralase. It was a significant week for gold when it broke below $1,200 on Wednesday right before Thanksgiving. As for Uranium the sector is continuing to be under pressure and this is leading to mine shutdowns.
Segment 1: George Gero, Managing Director RBC Wealth Management, outlines the huge open interest change for #gold this week.
Segment 2: An insider in the Uranium sector Craig Parry shares his insights on the supply side fundamentals for #Uranium.
Segment 3 & 4: Dr. Michael Jewett, Chairman of the Photodynamic Therapy Medical and Scientific Advisory Board of Theralase shares why he joined the Theralase team and how he is helping the Company move forward.
FULL INTERVIEW WITH CRAIG PARRY FOCUSING ON THE URANIUM MARKET - This is the extended interview with Craig Parry as featured in segment 2 of this week’s weekend show.
@Excelsior#KORELIN ECONOMICS REPORT - WEEKEND SHOW – SAT 3 DEC, 2016
A FOCUS ON THE HEALTH OF #GOLD COMPANIES AND INTERNATIONAL GOLD DEMAND
"In the fist hour of this week’s show we focus on the gold sector and it’s health moving forward after 4 straights weeks of declining prices. #Stock prices have come down more than 50% from their highs earlier this year but the actual Companies are in better shape than at the end of last year. We also take a look at the mining environment in #Australia as well as the falling demand for gold in #Asia.
Segment 1: Dan Oliver founder of Myrmikan Capital based in New York discuss why #gold companies do not benefit from #EconomiesOfScale.
Segment 2: We continue with Dan Oliver this time discussing the impacts of a #Trump#stimulus and if it will work.
Segment 3: A first hand look at the #mining environment in #Australia from Quinton Hennigh, CEO and President of Novo Resources. $NVO$NSRPF
Segment 4: Jeff Christian, Managing partner at the #CPMGroup shares his thoughts on why the demand in #China for #gold has been decreasing.
@rackerExploration Insights editor @JoeMazumdar on the #Korelin weekend show with Corey Fleck http://www.kereport.com/wp-content/uploads/1210-1-4-1.mp3 prospectively in #colombia is high, but miners need access. The two best areas are Antioquia and Cordoba, in Mazumdar's opinion. Investors should look for management teams with relevant, local experience. Don't pay CEOs to learn on the job. Macro is out of his control. Quality deposits never go out of style. Do short term (1-3 month) trades in oversold names, sell pre-PDAC. Beware financing risk in short term trade ideas. Solid advice.
@ExcelsiorGreat discussions on this #mbgtrends page as per usual. I saw a few comments about how this Nov/Dec dip reminds people of 2015, and that some are expecting a Q1 rally like we saw in 2015 and 2016. There was an interesting discussion to that effect from #TurdFerguson on the #Korelin Economic report on Thursday, where he recounts the tight Dollar:Yen ratio (or really it's the Yen:Dollar ratio) and how that triggers the computer algos which key off this to buy/sell #Gold. Some like Craig and some don't, but I think his reasoning is sound and it's worth a listen:
THE SIMILARITIES BETWEEN #GOLD CURRENTLY AND A YEAR AGO
Craig Hemke is with us today to share his thoughts on the similarities between gold trading in the past month compared to a year ago. As gold continues to move down people are now wondering if we will see a pop similar to what we saw in January this year. There are a number of similarities but also a couple differences to consider.
I had posted this chart a few times during the year, but it seems relevant with this discussion:
#Yen and #Gold – doing the safety dance as alternatives to central banking madness:
@Excelsior#Korelin Economics Report: WEEKEND SHOW – SAT 17 DEC, 2016
"This week saw the Fed raise rates and issue a more hawkish tone than the markets expected. We saw markets take a hit after the #Fed rate hike and ended up slightly down for the week. #Gold and #Silver got hit hard following the Fed statement as well a the stocks. Our conversations this week focus on the overall optimism in the USD and US markets as well as some reasons to temper those outlooks."
*Segment 1 & 2: Chief Market Analyst at the Lyndsay Group Peter Boockvar shares his thoughts on the overwhelming optimism for the US economy. We look at the #bond bubble and #opportunities for investors.
*Segment 3: Brien Lundin outlines some of the long-term #issues that the US economy is still facing moving into 2017.
Click here to view the presentations from the New Orleans Investment Conference.
*Segment 4: Avi Gilburt shares his big picture view on a general #meltup in the #markets .
@Excelsior@CriticalInvestor - Thanks for covering $DV$DOLLF. I made some nice coin in 2016 trading Dolly Varden and I accumulated heavy when they took out the loan with $HL Hecla and then moved into their office building (ding ding ding). I told investors for months that Hecla was going to make a move on them for an acquisition, and then they did (not a surprise for anyone following their press releases and reading between the lines). $DV is still a good #Silver#TakeOver target.
I sold my position when the deal fell through, but made a nice return, and I've been watching for a good entry point since then. It is looking like good value to me presently.
As for Gary Cope - He is a good guy and was very successful with selling Orko Silver Corp. to $AG First Majestic in the last cycle,
#Korelin Economics Report UPDATES FROM MANAGEMENT – TUE 18 DEC, 2012
GARY COPE DISCUSSES THE RECENTLY ANNOUCED FRIENDLY TAKE-OVER BETWEEN ORKO AND FIRST MAJESTIC
....and has been behind $REX$ORMNF Orex Silver since then in their JV with $CLZ$CNSUF Canasil.
It will be interesting to see what Gary does with the team and deposit at $DV.
@Excelsior#Korelin Economic Report WEEKEND SHOW – SAT 7 JAN, 2017
#PRECIOUSMETALS MOVES AND IS THAT #INFLATION WE ARE SEEING?
"In this weekend’s show we have a number of great guests providing an outlook on the precious metals, in terms of moves over the past few weeks and outlook for 2017. We also look at some of the data points recently that have been showing an uptick in inflation."
- Segment 1 & 2: We kick of the first two segments with Jesse Felder, founder and editor of The Felder Report. We discuss his #sectors of interest for 2017 as well as a discussion on the #inflation data.
- Segment 3: Managing Director at RBC Wealth Management George Gero updates us on current #gold market data – open interest, #ETF flows and international demand.
- Segment 4: Fund Manager Dana Lyons looks at the $GDX and US market charts to strategize for 2017.
- Segment 5: Chris Martenson, Co-Founder of Peak Prosperity, discusses the #reflation environment led by #centralbanks around the world.
- Segment 6: I will be attending and speaking at the upcoming #CambridgeHouse investment show in Vancouver on January 22/23. Jay Martin explains what attendees can look forward to this year.
- Segment 7 & 8: In the final 2 segments Dan Oliver, Founder of Myrmikan Research takes a look at the move in gold and #gold#stocks. We then shift focus to #China which Dan thinks is the real #BubbleConcern.
@ExcelsiorWell I just blew my wad posting on the #Korelin Economics Report about #RenewableEnergy companies that have #Geothermal exposure. Of course these companies also have exposure to #Solar#Wind#Biomass#Hydroelectric#Thermal and #NatGas plants, but I thought it may be nice to post this info in here for anyone interested: #Energy#GreenEnergy#AlternateEnergy
1) “Alterra Power Corp. is a leading global renewable energy company, managing eight power plants totaling 825 MW of generation capacity including British Columbia’s largest run-of-river hydro facility and largest wind farm, the recently completed Shannon and Jimmie Creek projects, two geothermal facilities in Iceland and a solar facility in Indiana. Alterra owns a 385 MW share of this capacity, generating over 1,700 GWh of clean power annually. Alterra also has an extensive portfolio of exploration and development projects and a skilled team of developers, builders and operators to support its growth plans.”
Alterra Power – Corporate Presentation:
[Pg 5 shows their Geothermal projects with the red bullseyes]
2) “U.S. Geothermal Inc. is a leading and profitable renewable energy company focused on the development, production and sale of electricity from geothermal energy. The company is currently operating geothermal power projects at: Neal Hot Springs, Oregon; San Emidio, Nevada; and Raft River, Idaho for a total power generation of approximately 45 MWs. The company is also developing an additional 90 MW’s of projects at: the Geysers, California; a second phase project at San Emidio, Nevada; Crescent Valley, Nevada; and the El Ceibillo project located near Guatemala City, Guatemala. ”
3) US Geothermal – Corporate Presenation:
4) Algonquin Power has 3 Thermal Projects , along with wind, solar, hydro:
Thermal is a slightly different animal in that they are burning up some other fuel source to power boiling water and the steam turns the turbines, but I thought I’d throw it up as another alternate power company.
5) Polaris Infrastructure owns and operates a single operating asset – San Jacinto Geothermal power plant Located in Nicaragua, but has other exploration targets to expand their operations:
Polaris Infrastructure Corporate Presentation:
6) Calpine Corporation has over 80 different power plants of various types but they are also:
– Largest operator of combined heat and power (cogeneration) technology in America
• Largest geothermal power producer in America
Calpine Corporation – Corporate Presentation:
7) “Ormat Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ORA) is a world leader in the geothermal power plant sector. As a geothermal company we have three decades of experience in the development of state-of-the-art, environmentally sound power solutions, primarily in geothermal and recovered energy generation. In addition to designing, developing, building, owning and operating geothermal energy and recovered energy-based power plants in the United States and other countries, Ormat also designs, manufactures and sells power units and other power generating equipment for geothermal power plants and recovered energy-based electricity generation.”
Ormat Technologies – Corporate Presentation:
8) “Cyrq Energy has the reputation for operating geothermal energy power plants in very challenging circumstances. Finding, developing and managing a geothermal resource to its full potential is difficult when one relies on the invisible heat beneath the earth for a long-term fuel supply. Cyrq Energy has developed the proven expertise to fully develop, operate and manage successful power plants for the long term. Cyrq Energy is often called upon to address and fix difficult underperforming geothermal sites. ”
Cyrq Energy Projects Overview:
9) “Terra-Gen owns 1051 MWs (net equity) of wind, geothermal and solar generating capacity in operation across 25 renewable power facilities throughout the Western United States with a focus on the California Marketplace. ”
Terra-Gen Power Projects overview:
10) Enel Green Power has a various power plants in Solar, Wind, Biomass, Geothermal and Hydroelectric:
Here is the Enel Green Power – Geothermal Projects
11) “BHE Renewables’ geothermal facilities operate as CalEnergy Operations and are based in Calipatria, California. The company owns 10 geothermal facilities in California’s Imperial Valley that have the capacity to produce up to 338 megawatts. Its natural gas-fueled plants include a 551-megawatt plant in Illinois, a 240-megawatt plant in New York, a 212-megawatt plant in Texas and a 50-megawatt plant in Arizona.”
BHE Renewables – Corporate Fact Sheet: (part of Cal Energy, that is part of Berkshire Hathaway)
@ExcelsiorInvestment chatter from the #Korelin Economics Report that seemed worth sharing in the $SGN$SRCRF room.
On January 19, 2017 at 11:40 am,
Dick Tracy says:
"Matthew, SGN is creeping up, this must be The Trump effect. LOL!"
On January 19, 2017 at 12:09 pm,
"Creeping up? It’s up 22.73% today, at the moment, and 125% since the December low! 😮"
On January 19, 2017 at 12:12 pm,
"I don’t follow this too closely. But they produced over 36,000 ounces of gold in 2016.
124 million shares outstanding. But only $.12.
Is there a bad history here/"
On January 19, 2017 at 12:41 pm,
"Too many seem to have been too focused on its limited mine life (which I am betting will be expanded) instead of its exploration potential — which is funded without diluting shareholders."
"It has very promising Nevada properties and close to $10 million in working capital. Ironically, I think it would have fared better last year if it had no production at all."
"I think it also suffers from a lack of visibility/promotion. Few seem to know that it exists."
On January 19, 2017 at 12:20 pm,
"Volume on Scorpio is huge"
@Excelsior#Korelin Economics Report - WEEKEND SHOW – SAT 21 JAN, 2017
A TEMPORARY #GOLD BREAKOUT AND GLOBAL ASSET CORRELATION
"On this week’s show we focus on #yields and #GlobalMoneyFlows for the first hour and #Gold and gold stocks for the second hour. It was a tame week for the markets outside of #Trump’s comment on the #dollar that caused some short term swings. Moving forward we continue to be in uncertain economic times and investors are having trouble going all in on any one asset."
- Segment 1 & 2: Chris Martenson, Co-Founder and CEO of Peak Prosperity, discusses the massive drop in the global correlation of assets and the concept that #CentralBanks follow on the way up.
- Segment 3: Greg Melia, President of Melia Advisory Group shares his views of why he does not believe in the US #equity markets.
- Segment 4: Fund Manager Dana Lyons looks at the COT reports for US #Treasuries and finds some extreme levels.
- Segment 5: Managing Partner at the CPM Group in New York, Jeff Christian outlines the big issues for the #PreciousMetals in play for 2017.
- Segment 6: We get an update from $XRA$XRC Exeter Resource President and CEO Wendell Zerb on the recent news that helps move the Caspiche project forward.
- Segment 7: $MARL$MRLDF Mariana Resources also came out with a PEA this week was showed some great results. Glen Parsons, CEO of Mariana provides a great overview on the numbers.
- Segment 8: We wrap up the show with Ned Schmidt, Founder of Value View Gold Report and his comments on the #gold market.