Interview with Merlin Marr-Johnson, Director of Salazar Resources (TSX-V: SRL).
We really like this business model and we like Marr-Johnson. Both are smart. They have farmed out the first copper-gold asset, the El Domo Curipamba VMS discovery, and received a Royalty payment, ongoing management fees and can lease out their 3 drills. Plus they are fully carried for 25%. That takes them to c.$5M in the bank to continue exploring other portfolio assets. Salazar has 4 additional copper-gold assets and other licences in the hopper.
In addition, they have a zinc-exploration JV that contains two projects, Pijili and Santiago with Adventus (80%) funding all activities in the Alliance up to a construction decision on any project.
Geologist Fredy Salazar, ex-Newmont team leader in country, has been exploring and discovering major copper-gold assets in country for 20yrs.
Listen to Marr-Johnson's numbers. He paints a very exciting picture. You have to work out if you like this model and if you think he can deliver it.
Ecuador is a country that major mining companies are rushing to because it is under explored but is already showing its potential for big, big projects. Salazar will continue to farm out some of the projects , but are very keen to 100% develop one or more of their own.
- Company Overview
- Background Story: What Interested Merlin to Get Involved?
- Team Experience and Ecuador - a Mining-Friendly Jurisdiction?
- Business Model and Creating Value: What Have They Done so far?
- Assets and Focus
- Managing Finances: Where are They Spending Money and Where Will They Look for More?
- VMS Deposits: What's Special About Them?
- The Future: What are They Excited About for Next Year?
- Why Should You Invest in Salazar Resources?
Company page: https://www.salazarresources.com/
Make smarter investment decisions, subscribe here: https://www.cruxinvestor.com
For FREE unbiased investment information, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook:
Take advantage, hear it here first: https://www.youtube.com/CRUXinvestor
View our disclaimer here.