We all know this is about bragging rights!
You asked for a contest that was shorter term ... you got it!
What sector do you think the most gains are to be made in the next 3 months?
- The slowly but surely Large Cap Gold Producers
- Covid-19 related companies because we all know its coming back in the fall
- The will it ever actually happen Leveraged Silver Plays
- The Psilocybin Mushrooms sector
- Marijuana Sector round 2
- Bitcoin round 3 or 4
- A Base Metals flavor of the month
- FAANG stocks
AHHHH so many choices and I have absolutely no idea what to choose! Anyway, I'm still working on prizes. I'm thinking the top 3 winners will win a 10 ounce silver bar or something along those lines.
Remember this is free, and just for fun.
Here are the rules (slight change from the regular yearly contest)
- Pick 3 companies (must all be different)
- Must be on a North American exchange (CNSX, Venture, TSX, NYSE, Nasdaq etc)
- NEW! Minimum price is 5 cents CAD. (If you choose one lower, starting price will be 5 cents)
- Currently trading (ie not halted) so we can get accurate starting prices
- Deadline to get picks entered is June 22nd, 2020 6:29 AM pacific time (just before market open)
- Starting Price will be the price at close June 19th, 2020
- Tag #StockPickingContest
- If the company is bought out or merges etc, I take the final price before the change. I keep it simple. Don't make my life hard!
- No warrants ( -wt ) or anything like that, if I see them, I'll just choose the regular company shares to make it easy and fair
- Contest ends Sept 21, 2020 at market close.
- Prices are taken from Yahoo. Sometimes the price will be 1/2 cent different from other sites which can be 10% if you chose a 5 cent stock. I will take what price Yahoo gives me, if you think there is a mistake, notify me asap. Do not wait until the contest is near over - that will be too late. But to be fair, we are using Yahoo's prices solely.
- In the event of a tie [Most positive picks win] if still tied, a 1-month contest for those contestants (Sept 30 closing price to Oct 31 price) with same rules will take place. If still tied, another 1month until a winner is determined.
- Volume of trading must exceed $25,000 over the course of the 3 months
Write your picks like these examples:
Basically, we do not care which channel you write your picks, but we do care that they get tagged to the #StockPickingContest so we can easily find them.
Additionally, you can also add them to your #Papertrades. See how I wrote mine last year.
NOTE - you MUST use capital letters. Example if I wrote BUY:FPX it would then appear like below
Best of luck everyone, now lets go have some fun!
DISCLAIMER: The work included in this article is based on current events, technical charts, company news releases, and the author’s opinions. It may contain errors, and you shouldn’t make any investment decision based solely on what you read here. This article is intended for informational purposes only! All statements in this report, other than statements of historical fact should be considered forward-looking statements. These statements relate to future events or future performance. Forward-looking statements are often, but not always identified by the use of words such as "seek," "anticipate," "plan," "continue," "estimate," "expect," "may," "will," "project," "predict," "potential," "targeting," "intend," "could," "might," "should," "believe," and similar expressions. Much of this report is comprised of statements of projection. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results or events to differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements. Risks and uncertainties respecting mineral exploration companies are generally disclosed in the annual financial or other filing documents of those and similar companies as filed with the relevant securities commissions, and should be reviewed by any reader of this report.
The author does not work for CEO.CA. The views expressed in this report are the personal views of the author and do not reflect those of CEO.CA. Nothing in this report should be construed as a solicitation to buy or sell any securities mentioned anywhere in this report. This article is intended for informational and entertainment purposes only.
Be advised, the author is not a registered broker-dealer or financial advisor. Before investing in any securities, you should consult with your financial advisor and a registered broker-dealer.
Never, ever, make an investment based solely on what you read in an online report, including this one, especially if the investment involves a small, thinly-traded company that isn't well known.
Past performance is not indicative of future results and should not be used as a reason to purchase any stocks mentioned in this report or on this website.
The author shall not be liable for any damages, losses, or costs of any kind or type arising out of or in any way connected with the use of this report. You should independently investigate and fully understand all risks before investing. When investing in speculative stocks, it is possible to lose your entire investment.
Any decision to purchase or sell as a result of the opinions expressed in this report will be the full responsibility of the person authorizing such transaction, and should only be made after such person has consulted a registered financial advisor and conducted thorough due diligence. Information in this report has been obtained from sources considered to be reliable, but the author does not guarantee that they are accurate or complete. The author’s views and opinions in this report are his own views and are based on information that he has received, and assumed to be reliable. The author does not guarantee that the companies mentioned in this report will perform as he expects, and any comparisons made to other companies may not be valid or come into effect.
We do not undertake any obligation to publicly update or revise any statements made in this report.