"Unlike gold, unlike copper, unlike any of these other commodities, where there is a million big companies before you get down to a development stage company, [in uranium] there’s not. There is Cameco and then us."
Travis McPherson (VP Corp. Dev.) and Leigh Curyer (CEO) of NexGen Energy
Hailing from a finance background, Travis built a relationship with NexGen CEO Leigh Curyer and was brought into the company just prior to the discovery of the Arrow project.
NexGen is now valued at close to $1 billion dollars, and Arrow is considered the world’s most valuable uranium deposit.
- In this far reaching conversation we discuss:
- What is corporate development & investor relations and what do these jobs actually entail?
- Why is the structuring of a company and its board of directors critical to its success?
- What is NexGen Energy, and how is the Arrow deposit a game changer for the uranium space?
- How does the uranium market work? What are the opportunities and pitfalls the average investor tends to overlook?
- What does a core sample of uranium equivalent to 60 g/t gold look like?
- What was one of the best performing industrial metal companies in Canada this year?
- And much more.
It was an eye-opening conversation and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!