“The first thing to do is go to work for a total, total, madman and absorb that intensity yourself. When I look at the common point among these geniuses who have become successful, and other geniuses that I know who have become moderately successful, but not billionaires, the difference is passion and intensity.” — Rick Rule
Rick Rule, President & CEO of Sprott US Holdings
Rick Rule (@RealRickRule) is the President & CEO of Sprott US Holdings Inc. He has dedicated his entire adult life to natural resources securities investing and along the way has developed a truly unprecedented global network of contacts in the natural resources and finance sectors.
Today, Rick leads a team of earth science and finance professionals who enjoy a worldwide reputation for resources investment management. He is particularly active in private placement markets, having originated and participated in hundreds of debt and equity transactions with private, pre-public and public companies.
Rick is a true master of the resource space and in this conversation, we dig into how he got his start and what he sees as the biggest opportunities for today’s investors.
In particular we discuss:
- The importance of building a constituency
- The path from Vancouver bar owner to international speculator and investor
- Rick’s early mentors and how he almost ended up as a tax lawyer
- How Rick chooses which teams to back
- The value of working for a madman
- Why Rick personally invests in private placement deals and why he considers this catalytic capital
- Why the lights are going out if the price of uranium doesn’t correct
- And much more