VAL-D’OR, Quebec, May 28, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cartier Resources Inc. (TSX-V: ECR) ("Cartier") reports drill results grading 5.4 g/t Au over 4.5 m in a mineralized envelope that includes 10.8 g / t Au over 1.0 m in the Zone 6 of the Chimo Mine property, located 45 km east of Val-d'Or (FIGURE).
Mineralized envelopes of 15.5 m to 1.5 g/t Au, 20.0 m to 1.0 g/t Au and 17.6 m to 1.0 g/t Au are also present in the Zone 6. In addition, an intersection grading 4.2 g/t Au over 6.4 m is found in a mineralized envelope that includes 16.6 g/t Au over 0.9 m within Zone 6C. Finally, other intervals returned 15.9 g/t Au over 1.0 m and 9.0 m to 2.1 g/t Au were intersected within Zone 6P. These three gold zones (6, 6C and 6P), located within the existing underground infrastructure of the former Chimo Mine, are separated from each other by distances of 50 m.
These results from the Phase II drilling of the peripheral gold zones (FIGURE) illustrate the variability of the grades and the need for a minimum drilling density to highlight the potential of the already drilled zones and their extensions to the depth.
« The Phase I and II drill results demonstrated the growth potential of Zones 5B, 5M, 5NE, 5M4 and 6N1 and the results presented above reveal the unexplored potential of 3 of the 19 remaining peripheral gold zones in the heart of the old Chimo Mine » commented Philippe Cloutier, President and CEO.
The details of the new results received from the laboratory are as follows:
Lengths are expressed along drill core axis. The true thickness was not determined. The Company is currently building wireframes for the 24 mineralized zones and existing infrastructure of the former Chimo Mine in order to determine the dimensions of each mineralized zone as accurately as possible.
Chimo Mine Project Highlights
- The Chimo Mine produced 379,012 ounces of gold (MERN DV 85-05 to DV-97-01).
- Cartier owns 100% interests of the property.
- Year-round access by road, proximal to 6 custom mills.
- Gold mineralized material was mined intermittently from 14 zones by 3 different producers.
- Mine infrastructure consists of a network of drifts distributed on 19 levels, connected by a 3-compartment shaft 965 m deep. The headframe and surface facilities were dismantled in 2008 but the electrical line and the sand pit are still present.
Cartier Resources was founded in 2006 and is based out of Val-d'Or, Quebec. Quebec has consistently ranked high as one of the best mining jurisdictions in the world primarily based on its mineral rich geology, attractive tax environment, and pro-mining government. In 2018, the Fraser Institute again ranked Quebec as one of the best jurisdictions in the world for investment attractiveness.
Cartier Investment Highlights
- The Corporation has a strong cash position with over $5.5M in the bank and important corporate and institutional investors including Agnico Eagle Mines, JP Morgan UK and the Quebec investment funds.
- Cartier’s strategy is to focus on gold projects that have an exploration potential for rapid expansion.
- The Corporation holds a portfolio of exploration projects in the Abitibi Greenstone Belt in Quebec – one of the most prolific mining regions in the world - the commodity focus is gold.
- The Corporation is focused on advancing its four key projects through drill programs. All of these projects were acquired at very reasonable valuations over the past few years. All of them are drill-ready with targets identified similar to the deposits that have been outlined on each project.
- Phases I and II, carried out by Cartier on the Chimo Mine project, consisted of 109 holes for a total of 49,300 m. This work demonstrated the continuity of the main 5B and 5M gold zones beneath the existing mining infrastructures, explored the extensions of 20 gold zones peripheral to the main zones and further explored the extensions of the 8 prioritized gold zones; which led to the discovery of Zone 5NE as well as to expand the potential of Zones 6N1 and 5M4.
Quality Assurance / Quality Control
All lengths, mentioned in this press release, were measured along the drill core. The NQ core samples are crushed up to 80% passing 8 mesh sieves and then pulverized up to 90% passing a 200-mesh sieve. Cartier inserts 5% of the number of samples in the form of certified standards and another 5% in the form of sterile samples to ensure quality control. The samples are analyzed at the Techni-Lab laboratory (Actlabs), located in Ste-Germaine-Boulé, Quebec. The 50 g pulps are analyzed by fire assay and atomic absorption. For samples containing visible gold, 1,000 g of rock are directly analyzed by the "Metallic Sieve" method.
The scientific and/or technical information presented in this press release has been reviewed and approved by Mr. Gaétan Lavallière, P. Geo., Ph. D. and Vice-President for Cartier Resources. Mr. Lavallière is a qualified person as defined by National Instrument 43-101.
|For more information, please contact:|
Philippe Cloutier, P. Geo.
President and CEO
Telephone: 819 856-0512
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its regulatory services provider accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this press release.
Figure accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/9f501e5b-9f04-4444-a580-85043e0ee4ea