The information on this Website is not reliable and not intended to provide tax, legal, or investment advice. Nothing contained on the Website shall be considered a recommendation, solicitation, or offer to buy or sell a security to any person in any jurisdiction.
CEO.CA members discuss high-risk penny stocks which can lose their entire value. Only risk what you can afford to lose.
@JamesKwantesDefinitive option agreement (including JV) signed between $BAY and BHP on the Storm Copper Project on Somerset Island, Nunavut
- $BHP can earn a 75% interest in Storm by spending $40 million over 9 years
- minimum spend of $2.5 million in first 2 years
- Aston Bay has no required expl expenditures in first 4 years after option deal signed, after that funding on a 75%/25% basis
- Aston Bay operator for upcoming field season
- Summer 2016 exploration program will include drilling, targets still being chosen
@newstracker#Iron ore 62% Fe spot (cfr Tianjin) US$54.2/t vs US$53.2/t
– $BHP warned authorities in Western Australia that raising local royalties will likely reduce potential supply from Australian operations with competitors stepping in and replacing lower local shipments with iron ore from Brazil and other nations.
- Higher royalty are expected to jeopardise investments in the state and “would most definitely not be good for Australia”, the Company said.
- Comments follow Western Australia’s Nationals party leader Brendon Grylls proposal to increase tax charges on BHP and Rio Tinto iron ore operations to A$5/t, up from A$0.25/t.
- A survey of 1,700 respondents carried last week by a local newspaper showed that 45% of voters supported the proposal.
Source: SP Angel – Morning View – Wednesday 21 09 16
@Oliver$BHP Billiton, the world’s biggest miner, warns #Brazil’s impending wet season may result in further environmental damage due to the failed Samarco dam, carrying the risk of new fines and legal claims
@Oliver$BAY$BHP nice results and I like that the encountered mineralization isn't deep. Great to see some drilling success among the #copper juniors; not many Cu juniors are drilling right now. This is also a great quote to increase awareness "..The Company encountered visual copper mineralization in three of the 12 holes.."
@OliverSolGold* (SOLG LN) 18.8p, Mkt Cap £229.3m – Board considers investment proposal from BHP Billiton
> Solgold reports that it has received a proposal from BHP Billiton to acquire a 10% interest in Solgold for US$30m and to earn in to the Cascabel project itself through spending US$275m “to acquire 70% “ of Solgold’s 85% interest in the local company ENSA.
> The board considers the proposal is “NOT in the best interests of Solgold and its shareholders.”
> The BHP Billiton proposal is subject to a number of conditions which include a 60 day period of due diligence on the property and that the Solgold board should recommend the withdrawal of the motions “to approve the previously announced US$33 million financing with Maxit > Capital LP (Maxit) and Newcrest Mining Limited (Newcrest) and shareholders not approving the same”. $SOLG.L$CGP$BHP#Ecuador by SP Angel – Economics / Mining
@rackerAston Bay Holdings (BAY CN) 0.35c/s, Mkt cap C$20.8m – BHP jv on Storm copper project reports high-grade copper
(75% BHP Billiton, 25% Aston Bay after option exercise)
Aston Bay which is managing the exploration program at the Storm Copper project in Northern Canada reports preliminary drill results from this year’s summer field season.
The results released show visible copper mineralisation with assay results below:
(true widths estimated to be 75-100% of core)
16m at 3.07% copper and 12.26g/t silver from 93m down hole
4m at 1.17% copper
20m at 0.44% copper
The joint venture has drilled a total of 1,951m in 12 drill holes of which three are reported.
The exploration program also covers 2,005 soil samples
Further details can be found at http://astonbayholdings.com/storm-copper
Conclusion: Aston Bay’s drilling shows tantalising results. Results from the next nine drill holes should provide further clues as to the nature and potential extent of copper mineralisation at the Storm Copper project in Nunavut, Canada.
BHP’s financial, logistical and geological support is of great benefit to Aston Bay Minerals and marks BHP’s developing strategy to invest in promising exploration projects.
BHP’s investment in copper exploration indicates to us renewed focus on increasing or at least replacing copper production in future years. The drive to replace fossil fuels with renewable energy and more efficient vehicles is likely to lead demand growth for copper going forward. Source: www.spangel.co.uk$bay#bhp#copper
@Fischlaender$CGP up 50% in the wake of the rejected $BHP offer to SolGold, but with peanut volumes considering the 390 million share count for CGP (considering the 90 million 10 Cent Warrants are now being exercised).
@newstrackerRio Tinto, BHP, Vale, Fortescue, Glencore and Anglo American benefit from continuing rise in iron ore and coking coal prices
- Rio Tinto $RIO.L is the major beneficiary of the strong recovery in iron ore prices#
- BHP $BHP is also well exposed but may be held back by the pull back in oil prices.
- Fortescue $FMG.AX is relatively highly leveraged despite an amazing reduction in operating costs.
- Anglo $AAL.L and Glencore $GLEN.L are by comparison relatively small iron ore producers but both benefit from sizeable coking coal production .
Source: SP Angel – Morning View – Monday 14 11 16
@rackerEven miners are pooh-poohing the post-election metals rally http://www.economist.com/news/business/21710314-even-miners-are-pooh-poohing-post-election-metals-rally-vein-hope Juan Carlos Guajardo, of Plusmining, a Chilean consultancy, expects the copper market to remain in a state of oversupply for some years. But eventually a shortage of quality copper mines will curb supply as electrification of the world economy, from cars to heating and cooking, lifts demand. Mr Trump has provided only a temporary fillip. His plans for America’s infrastructure sound “more like steel and concrete than copper”, Mr Guajardo says. And gold for the White House taps, perhaps. #copper$RIO.L$BHP