The information on this Website is not reliable and not intended to provide tax, legal, or investment advice. Nothing contained on the Website shall be considered a recommendation, solicitation, or offer to buy or sell a security to any person in any jurisdiction.
CEO.CA members discuss high-risk penny stocks which can lose their entire value. Only risk what you can afford to lose.
@bslusarchuki'm guessing #PDAC will be some fun this year. after a few years of tough times, there is a lot going on right now. some very good selective movement upwards in the market, lots of guys now running around transacting on assets and some new deals coming out. finally some exciting times after a fair bit of pain!
@bslusarchuk@tommy i never miss going to #PDAC although usually don't spend a lot of time on conference floor. I usually try to schedule one on ones with guys in town from other countries, etc. I never market to Toronto accounts in a concentrated way during that week as they are all busy.
JamesMining companies struggle to survive as #PDAC 2016 kicks off. The 84th Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada conference rolls into Toronto this weekend as companies slash costs to survive a five-year slide in the sector. BNN's Andrew Bell has this preview. - http://www.bnn.ca/Video/player.aspx?vid=822281#BNN
@low-ball$PDAC The four-day get-together is the biggest in the global mining industry. On Friday, Capital Economics raised its forecast price for gold to $1,350 an ounce by the end of the year, up sharply from its previous $1,250
JamesFor a few days at least, Toronto is the world’s mining capital as #PDAC gets underway. And this year’s conference comes as the yellow metal has surged almost 20 percent in 2016, propelling miners among the TSX’s top performers. But all is not well. The legacy of big debt-fuelled deals is still being felt. - http://www.bnn.ca/Video/player.aspx?vid=823231#BNN$K
@ourrugMorning all. Not sure what the lunch/dinner options are at #PDAC but if you find yourself in need of something different, local Toronto #foodtech#startup Feast http://eatfeast.com/ has you covered. "Chef-made meals with local, organic ingredients, delivered curb-side in minutes" is their claim to fame.
Order via iOS and Android. Use LESLIEFEAST to get $10 off.
Android: https://t.co/gEzRt10VEE#protip use the conference venue address as your delivery address and the servers will meet you curb-side
Disclaimer: my wife is Leslie, Marketing Director 😉
Jamess the gold bounce different this time around? - Greg Taylor, Vice President and Portfolio Manager at Aurion Capital Management discusses whether the bounce in gold is different this time. He says PDAC normally happens around the time that people sell gold stocks. - http://www.bnn.ca/Video/player.aspx?vid=824093#BNN#PDAC#GOLD
JamesThe CEO of Teck Resources says the company is not considering selling its stake in the Fort Hills oil sands project. In an interview on #BNN, Don Lindsay shut down speculation over whether the company has discussed selling its 20 percent ownership in Fort Hills. - http://www.bnn.ca/Video/player.aspx?vid=824315#PDAC$TCK.B
James#BNN Morning Note - In other news, watch Canadian and North American REITs. Between now and Sept. 16, there will be much discussion about the creation of a new GIC (global industry classification) for this particular sector that is currently found within financials. This is important to money managers who weight their portfolios according to index weightings. Many managers who are, say, fully weighted in financials, are likely underweight REITs and will want to adjust accordingly. REITs represent about 5.3% of the TSX Composite and 2.93 per cent of the S&P 500.
Dividends (or the reduction in them) remain a story in the energy space as today we have TransGlobe “suspends its quarterly dividend program” while Crescent Point $CPG cuts its monthly distribution to three cents from 10 cents (down from 23 cents in the first half of 2015).
While it is not exactly as I outlined last week, there is a story out this morning that Bill Ackman, the third largest holder in Valeant, is raising the possibility that Valeant may sell Bausch & Lomb (I more generally alluded to a break-up of the company). $VRX
On BNN today, we’ll have the last day of the #PDAC conference with Andrew Bell. Interviews from First Energy’s energy conference (Advantage Energy, Enerplus, Raging River and Gran Tierra) will also be profiled. And of course, we’ll try to get a handle on whether this bounce is the beginning of the beginning or just the dead cat.
@JamesFortune Minerals says its advanced-stage multi-metallic deposit in the Northwest Territories is shovel ready. But the company has been having trouble raising the capital needed to build a mine. An update on the project, with Robin Goad, President & CEO of Fortune Minerals. - http://www.bnn.ca/Video/player.aspx?vid=825032$FT stock is halted #BNN#cobalt#PDAC
@JamesIntegra Gold's Gold Rush Challenge was a contest designed to encourage new thinking and the novel use of technology in the hunt for drill targets at the company's Quebec gold project. The winners, SGS Geostat, data mining and virtual reality technology to find those drill sites. A look at the winning technology and next steps at the project with George Salamis, Executive Chairman, Integra Gold and Guy Desharnais, Technical Manager – Geological Services, SGS Canada. - http://www.bnn.ca/Video/player.aspx?vid=825726$ICG#PDAC#BNN
Mutt$NRN – Northern Shield Resources
Strong Corporate Structure:
• Fully diluted only 166 million shares outstanding
• Strong shareholders (management 6%; Teck Resources 7.5%; HudBay Minerals 7.1% Altius Minerals 3.2%; two private individuals 9.2%; Total = 33%)
• Labrador Trough in northern Quebec = 30% refund on exploration expenditures
• Low political risk and mining friendly Quebec
• Largely overlooked region due to belief that the entire Labrador Trough was one giant homogeneous unit conducive to other elements (early field work by $NRN strongly suggests otherwise)
• A new way of analyzing the region, otherwise best known for its iron ore deposits, indicates potential for large scale magmatic Cu-(Ni-PGE) mineralization (to date overlooked)
• 97 assay samples included average grades of 1.1% Cu; 0.2% Ni; and 0.8g/t PGE+Au
• In 2014 $NRN discovered extensive Cu-(Ni-PGE) mineralization at their Huckleberry property with a Discovery Zone of over 600m strike length and 100m wide with average yields of 1.4% Cu, 0.2% Ni and 1.3g/t PGE+Au.
• $NRN discovery after ONLY 5 days exploring the property. Further exploration should delineate the area’s vast potential.
• Norlisk type potential with similarities to Norlisk-Talanakh deposit and region. The makings of a massive ore body.
• A Metasedimentary Xenolith of re-melted country rock, with strong similarities to Norlisk, discovered at Huckleberry (Western Zone) assayed 1.6% Cu and 0.97g/t PGE+Au
• A high grade boulder Brecciated Norite cemented by Chalcopyrite yielded 4.04% Cu; 0.14% Ni; 0.92g/t PGE+Au.
• All of the above is indicative of more high grade mineralization and giant Cu-(Ni-PGE) deposits yet to be discovered at Huckleberry.
VTEM Geophysics Coming Soon:
• Government land surveys which are in excess of 35yrs old will soon be updated with $NRN geophysics
• A modern VTEM survey will move the needle for $NRN in the very near term by indicating where specifically on the property the company should focus its attention, thus indicating where to focus a future drill program and why (can’t wait)
Quote the Maven:
• The #Resource#Maven (#Gwen #Preston) in her May 4th 2016 missive highlighted the vast potential of $NRN (all those not yet signed up, I strongly suggest you subscribe to her newsletter), she noted the following:
a. Huckleberry could contain something big/massive big
b. The copper rich boulder is worth the price of admission
c. Strong interest at the $NRN booth during 2016 #PDAC
d. Management has been fielding calls from majors and mid-tiers for some time now
e. Would not be surprised if a JV with a mid tier/major were to be announced
@Excelsior@Goldfinger - What say you on the weekly compression triangle for $WG ?
It looks we are at the apex about to break out one way or another. With the move that #Platinum as has had lately, then my hunch is that this pent up energy breaks to the upside. In addition, their next round of news releases should hit prior to the #PDAC, so they can use that info for promtion at the show.
Their most recent press release was a company update back in December that really focused on all the different metallurgical test work they were doing to produce a #Copper#Nickel#PGM concentrate, or if they were going to need to produce two different concentrates. There was a bit of info on their drill campaign and permitting as well, but it seems the metallurgical testing was the next milestone they are working on. A good news release could cause the share-price to break out of the wedge.... #GotCharts?
Wellgreen Platinum $WG$WGPLF Provides Corporate Update
@MiningBookGuyMineAfrica at PDAC - March 5-8, 2017 http://www.mineafrica.com/MineAfricaatPDAC/mineafricaatpdac-about.htm#events
Partial Quote: "Tuesday March 7, 2017, 07h30 - 11h30, Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel The morning opens with a networking breakfast with an opening address by His Excellency Professor Alfa Oumar Dissa, Minister of Energy, Mines and Quarries, Republic of Burkina Faso and a keynote address by John Dorward, President and Chief Executive Officer, Roxgold Inc., followed by concurrent presentations by African Mining Ministers, mining companies, and advisors to the mining industry (law firms, engineering firms, consultants, etc) in four seminar rooms." #BurkinaFaso$ROG#Africa#PDAC#MineAfrica#index~AUfrica