The information on this Website is not reliable and not intended to provide tax, legal, or investment advice. Nothing contained on the Website shall be considered a recommendation, solicitation, or offer to buy or sell a security to any person in any jurisdiction.
CEO.CA members discuss high-risk penny stocks which can lose their entire value. Only risk what you can afford to lose.
@lukejacksonThis photo says a lot not only about what controls the price of gold but the inflection point that we're at right now for costs. They've dropped all they can and high margin projects are the only answer to creating a spread whereby majors can not only produce gold but actually MAKE MONEY! Big assets that can make money at $1300 gold are few and far between. If gold climbs it's probably cus costs climb. large projects will act as an anchor to control costs. $CNL$SBBhttp://cdn.ceo.ca/1ch96nl-IMG_2250.JPG+
@EvenPrimeI sold all my remaining $NXE on the bump we had Monday to clear some room to buy $TK. I have been pondering selling my $SBB lately as I'm riding the speculation and could put it back into $NXE. Id once again need a CEO triple bottom confirmation from @goldfinger@ylr and @pamplonatrader. And also include @HighROI. You All my not get along but when the personality stars align I'll jump back. As of now, I still believe not everyone believes it is a buy. Thoughts?
@TheLip2@EvenPrime I'm in the same boat with $SBB. However, I am instead thinking of using those potential funds to increase my position in $CGP. I was digging a little this week on the NIRB decision. At the end of the digging, I was less inclined to think the decision will be reversed as I had thought prior. Clearly, it SEEMS some big players think the decision will favor $SBB, but I am not sure now. As a local, small-time, politician here in the US, I can tell you that politicians do not like to eat crow, nor do they like being told what to do.
@GoldfingerIf $Gold is US$1400 one year from now the best places you can be invested are mid-tier producers and late-stage explorers like $CNL and $SBB. Next would be large scale, lower grade projects like $SSP which are marginal around US$1200/oz but at US$1400 or US$1500 Au Toroparu will have to get built.
@EvenPrimeI'd like to introduce an idea!
We are almost half way through the year, and the Sell in May
and Go Away thoughts may be present in the mind. If you are in the Stock Picking Contests,
Id like you to write about how your picks have performed. Why you made the decisions you did,
and what worked/didnt work out.
*Make sure you use the $ to identify the ticker
I think we could all learn from reading about everyone else's experience.
I'll go first:
Sitting 8th Place in #StockPickingContest (out of 146 people) woot woot
$TK up 180% (Will > 200% next week I wager)
$NRN up 18% (The guys in the channel will kill me for saying this, but ... blah! Im bored )
$VTT up 45% (The ship left port last week, can still see it from shore though, but not for long)
Sitting 5th Place in the #SafestStockPickingContest (out of 28 people)
$NXE up 37% (Sold all my shares last week to make room for an IPO and bought more $TK - I'll be back asap)
$SBB up 87% (I have a lot in this but I think I will sell half soon. I stress because its a binary play, although I do believe it will succeed)
$IDM up 3.5% (A lot of warrant expiring over last week if I recall. Should grow legs soon but I watch from the bench)
Sitting in 40th Place in the #BonusPickShowDown (out of 58 people) *Homer face palm - dough
$WHN down 10% (Damn it - absolutely nothing going on!)
* I chose $NRN in the one contest for the same reasons I chose $IDM in the other.
I did believe at the time they were under-valued and would provide a solid
20-30% over the year end. $IDM sure has their work cut out for them share structually speaking
but I reckon we'll see some action in the next few weeks.
Ironically, I own every stock except $NRN and $IDM,
as I sold them last December and August respectively.
With $WHN in the #BonusPickShowDown, I admit it really was a chance play. Although I wouldnt consider
them under-valued at the time, I did believe that with another drill season, they'd get that share price
active again. I am wrong so far, and the channel is all but dead. I just thought Gren might have had something
up his sleeve and I wanted to bet on it.
@tommyCanaccordGenuity has increased their price target on Sabina $SBB to $2.5 from $1.9. "Strong share price appreciation in anticipation of a positive Nunavut Impact Review Board (NIRB) decision drives a reduction in projected equity dilution."
@GoldfingerI found the $SBB upgrade yesterday to be interesting because it was based upon the recent share price rise which makes future raises less dilutive. A virtuous cycle of rising share price resulting in a more rising share price. One of the worst things a company can do is to get 'stuck' with a weak share price and then be forced to raise capital multiple times at low levels. That's how the #everhang starts off. And in the resource sector when investors are often waiting years for a catalyst this can happen very easily, not necessarily as a result of poor management.
@ekim@Goldfinger I found the $SBB upgrade more interesting because they issued it yesterday instead of after attending the open public meetings in 2 weeks time. That would give them a more educated "anticipated postive" decision from NIRB. LIke I said before..there is going to be very supportive discussion and very, very heated discussions that will happen out of those meetings.
@ekim@Goldfinger uptick? What...maybe a 10% rally post NIRB positive decision as it has already rallied. A negative decision would tank it in half yet again. It will be interesting to see KIA negotiate an IIBA with $SBB after they went to bat to try and push the project through NIRB.. I'm sure they won't forget that point in any negotiations.
@EvenPrimeIn all honesty @YLR when $NXE went from 2.85 last year to 1.56 or whatever that bottom was, I never once felt worried. I was just saving more money to load the truck up when she popped. And when you guys all called the turn-around I backed the truck up :) I know what you mean though as weak hands will break, and I believe the stronger hands may try to shake the tree here soon to do just that. But a generational deposit (disregarding black swan events) is a pretty damn good investment in my opinion. (I say that when I mentioned I sold all my $NXE last week at 2.20 to buy TK(up 12%) $SBB(up 22%) and an IPO) but ... I will definitely get back in when the time is right. I sold 1/2 my $SBB yesterday to take those gains.