The information on this Website is not reliable and not intended to provide tax, legal, or investment advice. Nothing contained on the Website shall be considered a recommendation, solicitation, or offer to buy or sell a security to any person in any jurisdiction.
CEO.CA members discuss high-risk penny stocks which can lose their entire value. Only risk what you can afford to lose.
anonymous@lukejackson Re: GDXJ themacrotourist.com article Can someone explain this more clearly to me? I have been reading and trying to digest the coming changes and movement that is apparently attributed to the rebalancing of the $GDXJ, but I am confused. If VanEck has announced they intend to make the changes on June 17th, why are these stocks getting hammered today? Have they started selling already or everyone else is selling in anticipation of the VanEck fund selling on June 17th? #CNL
@Wannabeinvestor@ihostlong, what you do not know is how much of the selling in these juniors has already been done by $GDXJ and I would think that any sensible investors will want to start accumulating when one sees good value offered at a big discount. At some point between now and June 18 the momentum will reverse and the stock will rally and then you have to chase. Not saying use up all your gunpowder right here and now, but I would think a lot is already priced in. I actually bought both warrants and stock in $CNL y'day and prepared to add more. also stink bidding in $TGZ$KDX, and I am starting to think that I should be doing the same in $AKG and $RIC. I'm short $JNUG, $GDXJ and $USLV at the same time. Moriarty called this correction, again. The man is a genius.
@rackerTD Daniel Earle on Continental Gold $CNL This AM
This morning, Continental Gold provided an operations update and the 2017 construction outlook for its Buritica gold project (100%) in Colombia.
Impact: SLIGHTLY POSITIVE
· Since receiving the final environmental permit in late 2016 and securing a senior secured debt facility in January 2017, with $100mm currently available, the company has ordered long lead time equipment and hired key project personnel ahead of major earthworks beginning later this year.
· Continental is hoping to have placed all purchase orders for all long lead time equipment prior to the end of Q3/17.
· As equipment arrives, underground development activities are expected to ramp-up approximately six months ahead of schedule (30% of the underground mine development equipment is expected to be delivered in Q3/17), allowing for training of its skilled underground mining workforce.
· The company plans to resume exploration drilling with a minimum 12 km drill program commencing in Q2/17.
· The company reported $100mm of liquidity, sufficient for its 2017 planned activities.
· As a reminder, a Feasibility Study (FS) for the project was completed in February 2016, which outlined Proven & Probable Reserves of 3.7 Moz grading 8.4 g/t. Total Resources (inclusive) were estimated at 9.0 Moz at 9.8 g/t.
· The FS forecasts production of 253 koz/yr (282 koz/yr over the first five years) at cash costs of $411/oz (AISC of $492/oz). Initial capital costs were estimated at $389mm.
· We note Continental has underperformed the GDXJ by ~23% since the company's 52-week high in February (CNL is down ~43% since then, while the GDXJ down ~20%).
· We believe the underperformance is due to pre-selling in advance of an assumed decrease in weight in the GDXJ, which is scheduled to take effect at the June 17 rebalance.
· Buritica is fully permitted and is now standing as one of the largest and highest grade, independently owned, construction ready gold projects in the world.
· The company has secured a $250mm debt facility ($100mm available immediately) and we expect the stock to re-rate progressively higher as it continues to advance the project.
@schischiIs it possible that $CNL will be another bust like Colossus ? Or are there moren proven ounces and less problems ?
click to invite
@lukejacksonI'm of the mind that if JC Parets is correct and gold heads back to -1210 then buy opp on $CNL$LMC will be epic before gold finally breaks out. Unfortunately most attractive juniors are funded at this point.
@Wannabeinvestorsurely there is the issue of financing, but that was known months ago. What must have started as large scale selling by $GDXJ has now become a big sell-off. I did expect the 3.25 area to hold. Next visible support for me is around the 2.50 area, but I'd be surprised if this is where the stock's headed at one go.
click to invite
@lukejacksonI think we're still in an area of strong support. I may be wrong though.
@mountains_of_gloryRE: CSI, I don't believe lightning strikes the same place twice. It would be too surreal were this CSI 2.0. CSI was a disaster but let's assess and discuss $CNL as a separate entity albeit with the same head honcho. What do you mean when you say the ounces "are face" @Pete86?
click to invite
@mountains_of_glory@Pete86, the beating here isn't company-specific, so I'm now of the belief you aren't interested in adding value with your words and comments.