The information on this Website is not reliable and not intended to provide tax, legal, or investment advice. Nothing contained on the Website shall be considered a recommendation, solicitation, or offer to buy or sell a security to any person in any jurisdiction.
CEO.CA members discuss high-risk penny stocks which can lose their entire value. Only risk what you can afford to lose.
@nlepan#China will plow $361 billion into renewable power generation by 2020, the country's energy agency said on Thursday, as the world's largest energy market continues to shift away from dirty coal power. The investment will create over 13 million jobs in the sector, the National Energy Administration (NEA) said in a blueprint document that lays out its plan to develop the nation's energy sector during the five-year 2016 to 2020 period. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-energy-renewables-idUSKBN14P06P#energy
@nlepan A court in London will decide in coming weeks whether Royal Dutch Shell can face trial in the UK over oil spill allegations in Nigeria, a decision some legal experts predict could attract more cases against multinationals in Britain. The Nigerian communities are saying that their cases are unfit to be hear in Nigeria while Shell is denying responsibility for the spills in the Delta because it was due to sabotage and illegal refining. If this case goes forward, it could bring more cases to the UK. This is reminiscent of how Exxon had its case brought to Canadian courts. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-shell-nigeria-lawsuit-idUSKBN14Q1BR Amsterdam: $RDSA#energy#oil
@nlepanIndia’s gasoline consumption continues to grow rapidly as an increasing number of individuals purchase their first motorized vehicle, helping drive the fastest growth in fuel demand in the world. India's gasoline consumption has increased more than 12 per cent in 2016 compared to 2015. Consumption is being driven by an enormous increase in the number of drivers on the country’s roads for the first time. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-india-gasoline-kemp-idUSKBN14U1Y8#energy#India
@nlepanEnbridge $ENB has approved a new stream of Canadian heavy crude for export to the US, but according to traders, no one wants its. Enbridge's plan to squeeze more heavy crude onto its pipelines by shipping the new grade is its latest attempt to resolve bottlenecks in the 2.85 million barrel per day Mainline system, traders in Calgary said. Limited pipeline capacity has lead to a glut of crude building up in storage in Alberta, widening the discount on Canadian producers' oil and has deterred some companies like Royal Dutch Shell and Statoil ASA from building oil sands projects. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-canada-crude-enbridge-idUSKBN14U1C7#energy#Canada
@Excelsior@Onlyflaws - I really just started following $LTBR (after scouring different people's choices in the #stockpickingcontest ;-)
The info on their Corporate Presentation just seemed nice to post for any investors following the #Nuclear#Energy sector. Yes, the longer term chart for Lightbridge looks rough, but so do most of the #Uranium sector for the last 5 years.
They provide enhanced nuclear fuel that is more efficient and safer due to Zirconium-Niobium cladding on the outside and a Uranium-Zirconium core. Seems like an interesting idea and they have a partnership agreement with $ARVCF Areva.
Lightbridge and AREVA Reach Agreement on Key Terms for Joint Venture to Develop and Commercialize Innovative Metallic Nuclear Fuel November 2, 2016
@newswireDuke Energy Florida to build solar power plant in Suwannee County @newswire/duke-energy-florida-to-build-solar-power-plant-in-suwannee$DUK In December 2016, the company retired three natural gas units at the Suwannee River Power Plant. Those units, built in the early 1950s, had the capacity to generate 129 MW of electricity. The new Suwannee Solar Facility will produce 8.8 megawatts of energy. The company expects to break ground in the spring with full operation by the end of 2017. #energy
@nlepanRenaissance Oil Corp. $ROE is up 15.5% (4.5 cents) to 33.5 cents on 3.89 million shares, making its the most active stock on the Venture Exchange. The company announced yesterday its acquisition of 25% of Lukoil's exploration and production contract for a 230-square-kilometre oil and gas block near Poza Rica, Veracruz, Mexico. #energy#venture
@nlepanPotential delays looming over three major U.S. natural gas pipeline projects are threatening to sour a popular wager on the fuel. Gas for delivery in April 2018 is trading at a deep discount to the march contract, for traders this signals there will be lots of supply by the end of next winter. The spread between these two contracts is known as the widow maker because it is so volatile but it could become a premium if fuel from pipelines meant to come from shale basins in Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia, arrive on time. However, there are regulatory setbacks are threatening the timeline of this trade. #trading#energyhttps://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-12/a-popular-u-s-gas-bet-s-at-risk-of-crumbling-on-pipeline-logjam?
@ExcelsiorWell I just blew my wad posting on the #Korelin Economics Report about #RenewableEnergy companies that have #Geothermal exposure. Of course these companies also have exposure to #Solar#Wind#Biomass#Hydroelectric#Thermal and #NatGas plants, but I thought it may be nice to post this info in here for anyone interested: #Energy#GreenEnergy#AlternateEnergy
1) “Alterra Power Corp. is a leading global renewable energy company, managing eight power plants totaling 825 MW of generation capacity including British Columbia’s largest run-of-river hydro facility and largest wind farm, the recently completed Shannon and Jimmie Creek projects, two geothermal facilities in Iceland and a solar facility in Indiana. Alterra owns a 385 MW share of this capacity, generating over 1,700 GWh of clean power annually. Alterra also has an extensive portfolio of exploration and development projects and a skilled team of developers, builders and operators to support its growth plans.”
Alterra Power – Corporate Presentation:
[Pg 5 shows their Geothermal projects with the red bullseyes]
2) “U.S. Geothermal Inc. is a leading and profitable renewable energy company focused on the development, production and sale of electricity from geothermal energy. The company is currently operating geothermal power projects at: Neal Hot Springs, Oregon; San Emidio, Nevada; and Raft River, Idaho for a total power generation of approximately 45 MWs. The company is also developing an additional 90 MW’s of projects at: the Geysers, California; a second phase project at San Emidio, Nevada; Crescent Valley, Nevada; and the El Ceibillo project located near Guatemala City, Guatemala. ”
3) US Geothermal – Corporate Presenation:
4) Algonquin Power has 3 Thermal Projects , along with wind, solar, hydro:
Thermal is a slightly different animal in that they are burning up some other fuel source to power boiling water and the steam turns the turbines, but I thought I’d throw it up as another alternate power company.
5) Polaris Infrastructure owns and operates a single operating asset – San Jacinto Geothermal power plant Located in Nicaragua, but has other exploration targets to expand their operations:
Polaris Infrastructure Corporate Presentation:
6) Calpine Corporation has over 80 different power plants of various types but they are also:
– Largest operator of combined heat and power (cogeneration) technology in America
• Largest geothermal power producer in America
Calpine Corporation – Corporate Presentation:
7) “Ormat Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ORA) is a world leader in the geothermal power plant sector. As a geothermal company we have three decades of experience in the development of state-of-the-art, environmentally sound power solutions, primarily in geothermal and recovered energy generation. In addition to designing, developing, building, owning and operating geothermal energy and recovered energy-based power plants in the United States and other countries, Ormat also designs, manufactures and sells power units and other power generating equipment for geothermal power plants and recovered energy-based electricity generation.”
Ormat Technologies – Corporate Presentation:
8) “Cyrq Energy has the reputation for operating geothermal energy power plants in very challenging circumstances. Finding, developing and managing a geothermal resource to its full potential is difficult when one relies on the invisible heat beneath the earth for a long-term fuel supply. Cyrq Energy has developed the proven expertise to fully develop, operate and manage successful power plants for the long term. Cyrq Energy is often called upon to address and fix difficult underperforming geothermal sites. ”
Cyrq Energy Projects Overview:
9) “Terra-Gen owns 1051 MWs (net equity) of wind, geothermal and solar generating capacity in operation across 25 renewable power facilities throughout the Western United States with a focus on the California Marketplace. ”
Terra-Gen Power Projects overview:
10) Enel Green Power has a various power plants in Solar, Wind, Biomass, Geothermal and Hydroelectric:
Here is the Enel Green Power – Geothermal Projects
11) “BHE Renewables’ geothermal facilities operate as CalEnergy Operations and are based in Calipatria, California. The company owns 10 geothermal facilities in California’s Imperial Valley that have the capacity to produce up to 338 megawatts. Its natural gas-fueled plants include a 551-megawatt plant in Illinois, a 240-megawatt plant in New York, a 212-megawatt plant in Texas and a 50-megawatt plant in Arizona.”
BHE Renewables – Corporate Fact Sheet: (part of Cal Energy, that is part of Berkshire Hathaway)
@nicholaslepanMexico's state oil company Pemex began receiving imported fuel by train at a new privately run terminal for the first time in January as companies expand storage and transportation operations under the country's energy opening, a senior executive said in an interview. The cargo of just under 60,000 barrels arrived from Port Arthur, Texas, on Jan. 7 at the new private San Jose Iturbide storage terminal in central Guanajuato state via train, marking another first for the company which normally uses pipelines and seaports for fuel imports. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-pemex-diesel-idUSKBN151264#Mexico#energy
@nicholaslepanIn a note to clients today, Haywood Securities sees near term volatility but fundamental support for oil and natural gas prices. OPEC and non-OPEC oil production cuts are the most important near term factor. Haywood sees WTI in the $50 to $60 bbl range in 2017 and increasing to $65/bbl in 2018. For natural gas prices, Haywood sees fundamentals supporting Henry Hub prices in the $3 to $3.50 range in 2017 and 2018. Contact your local Haywood representative for a full copy of the report. #oil#energy#naturalgas#haywood
@nicholaslepanHow Does Geography Figure Into the Full Cost of Electricity? Not all power plants are the same. They certainly don’t cost the same to build or operate. But what if I told you that one number, dubbed the levelized cost of electricity (LCOE), puts it all into black and white for decision makers: This plant’s electricity is cheaper than that one’s, or it isn’t. LCOE is the estimated amount of money that it takes for a particular power plant to produce a kilowatt-hour of electricity over its expected lifetime and is typically expressed as cents per kilowatt-hour or dollars per megawatt-hour. http://spectrum.ieee.org/energywise/energy/policy/how-does-geography-figure-into-the-full-cost-of-electricity#energy