New non-profit brings baby essentials to Ontario households free of charge
TORONTO, May 9, 2016 /CNW/ - For those expecting a baby, the wait can seem endless. But the wait for Baby Box Canada is finally over! Originally announced in February 2016, Baby Box Canada has already received registrations from over 50 thousand expecting Canadians eager to receive a box full of products to help when baby arrives.
Inspired by the Finnish baby box tradition, new parents and Toronto couple Romi and Edward Walker decided to bring a similar program to Canada. Baby Box Canada will be distributing free boxes overflowing with baby products to expectant parents across Ontario.
"As new parents ourselves, we know how overwhelming it gets, especially when you first bring your baby home," said Romi Walker, co-founder of Baby Box Canada. "There's a feeling that you are missing something and you feel completely unprepared -- whether it's an extra blanket, or wipes. We aim to make new parents' first few days with their infants a little bit easier."
The first round of boxes, with products collectively valued at over $150 CDN, will each include the following:
- Assorted Teethers and/or Rattles from Fisher Price
- Baby Bee Tear Free Shampoo & Body Wash from Burt's Bees
- Bamboo Baby Sensitive Wipes from Aleva Naturals
- Body & Bum Spray from luv child
- Booby Boons Lactation Cookes from Stork and Dove
- Disposable Night Breast Pads from Philips Avent
- Gentle Saline Wipes from Boogie Wipes
- "Healing Mix" from Now for Mothers (nutritional support for moms)
- Receiving Blanket from Kushies
- Snuggle 'n Shake Pal from Bright Starts
- Stain Remover Stick from BunchaFarmers
- Stretch Mark Cream from Aleva Naturals
- Sudocrem from Sudocrem
- Tender Care Hydrogel Pads from Medela
- Tender Care Lanolin Cream from Medela
- Today's Parent Magazine
Baby Box Canada will send the first round of boxes this month and continue beta-testing throughout the summer, with plans to begin shipping in mass quantities by fall.
"We're working with some great brands and are incredibly excited to finally announce them," said Edward Walker, co-founder of Baby Box Canada. "We're constantly establishing new partnerships so parents will have everything they need when their babies arrive."
Baby Box Canada is currently open to Ontario residents, with plans for national expansion later in 2016.
For more information, visit www.babyboxcanada.org.
About Baby Box Canada:
Founded in 2016, Baby Box Canada is a non-profit organization providing free baby boxes for expectant parents. The boxes include blankets, toys and other important products for parents and newborns.
Baby Box Canada thanks the following corporate sponsors for their generous contributions: Clorox, D&G Laboratories Inc., Insception Lifebank, Kids II Inc., Kushies Baby, Leda Health Innovations Inc., luv child inc., Mattel, Nehemiah Manufacturing, Now for Mothers, Philips, Purposeful Excellence Inc. and Today's Parent.
SOURCE Baby Box Canada